So you're considering adding Lash Lifts to your menu
The best lash lift kits should come with these products:
- Lash Tool or Lash Pick: To help you lift the lashes onto the lash lift shields or lash lift rods. Also used to separate the lashes on the shield so you have even spacing and the direction of the lashes are going straight up.
- Curl Solution or Perm Lotion: Lash lifts use similar chemicals as hair perms. This product changes the structure of the natural lash to keep the lashes curled once released from the lash lift shields.
- Setting Solution or Neutralizing Cream: This product works in conjunction with the curl solution to stop the processing so that you don’t over-process the lashes.
- Moisturizing Oil or Nourishing Lotion: This will help to rehydrate and protect the lashes.
- Silicone Shields, Molds or Lash Lift Rods: To adhere your client’s lashes onto in order to create the shape of the curl. Usually a kit will offer at least two different sizes and shapes to create different levels of curl intensity.
Lash Lift Glue: To secure lashes onto the shields or molds during application.
Quantity and Quality
Depending on where you buy your kit, the number of each product included will vary. A good kit should produce at least 10 services. So what happens if you run out of lash lift cream and the setting solution but still have everything else? Make sure that the company you are buying from sells the individual components of a kit so you don’t have to buy an entire lash lift kit every time. You can replenish your kit by buying the specific product you need.
Consider how the kit arrives to you once ordered. Is it in a flimsy cardboard box? Or are pieces thrown in a box without thought of presentation. If the company is not putting much thought in how the kit arrives, how can you know if the products inside are of good quality?
As lash artists, you know that working with professional lash adhesive is no joke. In the same way, Lash Lifts use chemicals that need to be handled properly to ensure damage-free results. When you are looking at purchasing a lash lift kit, make sure that the company you’re purchasing from offers online or in person training. Having trainings like this is a sign that the company understands the importance of quality and how easily the service can go wrong. Look into the training and how in depth it is. A 10 minute YouTube video is not enough to be properly educated on how to perform lash lift services. Do your research and make sure you feel confident before using lash lift products on a client.
You’re already in the beauty business so you know there is a high demand for lash enhancement. Let’s face it: Lash extensions aren’t for everyone. Some people want something a little more subtle. Also, when a client gets a lash lift, they usually ask for an eyelash tint, which will supplement your profits. By offering a lash lift on your service menu, you’ll cater to a larger target market, which will fill your books faster!
Lash Affair now offers lash lift supplies!
If you would like to be the first to pre-order Lash Affair’s ModesTease Lash Lift Kit call 800.608.2420.
Our Hooked on You Tweezers also double as a lash pick like the one that we mentioned above. It has a rounded, hook-like shape to easily lift the lashes onto the lash lift mold and a fine tip to separate the lifted lashes.Still deciding on whether or not you want to add a lash lift kit to your menu? We get it. Read The Lowdown on Lash Lifts and Eyelash Extensions and 3 Reasons to Add Lash Lifts to Your Service Menu to help make your decision.
Writer | Mama | Tapioca Lover | Horoscope Believer