During these uncertain times, your mental, physical, and spiritual health are more important than ever. This week on Instagram, the Lash Affair team shared a ton of our faves in hopes to lighten the mood and lift some spirits. At Lash Affair, we’re always trying to focus on the positives in life and things we’re grateful for. This week, we took the time to work inward as we worked from home, and shared it with our followers. Here are some of the highlights from the week and some fun things to do or read about to keep you focused on the positives. Remember, this time to reset is a blessing if you think of it as such. We’re here for you and sending you so much love. Elbow bumps, babes!
AN IMMUNE BOOSTING HEALTHY TREAT
One of our team members shared with us one of her favorite healthy treat recipes: protein balls. Despite all the 4th grade innuendos she faced in recording a how to video, she managed to make it through without cracking one. This recipe contains cacao, hemp seeds, bee pollen, and MCT oil. Each of these superfoods are packed with antioxidants that directly assist your immune system, which needs to be strong and healthy! Let us know if you make these, and how you liked them!
- 1 cup of your fave nut butters (I did ½ each of cashew and almond)
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 generous cup of vanilla whey protein
- ½ tsp himalayan salt
- 2 tsp organic cacao
- 1 tbsp bee pollen
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- ¼ cup organic unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp MCT oil
- 1 tbsp organic maple syrup
- In a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients together.
- Mix together first with a spatula, and then using (squeaky clean) hands.
- Pinch off desired amount, squeeze together a few times, and then start rolling it into a ball.
- If your mixture is too crumbly to roll into a ball, add more nut butter.
- If your mixture is too sticky, add more protein powder or almond flour.
- Place rolled balls onto wax paper on a cookie sheet, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Once chilled, place into a reusable storage container (glass is great) and snack on them throughout the week.
AN AT HOME YOGA FLOW FOR BEGINNERS
Our sweet customer care team member took over our Instagram last Thursday to spread a message of peace and positivity. She walked us through a mindful practice to help open the heart and center the body and mind. Her intentions for this practice were to help you find balance, peace, and make your stay at home life better. She lovingly encouraged us to stay hydrated, healthy, and positive.
She lovingly reminded us that while we may not be in control of our surroundings, we ARE in control of ourselves, our actions, our energy, and the way we react.
FOLLOW HER FLOW
- Ground yourself into your body and start listening to your breath. Begin to observe your emotions and how your body feels. Allow your breath to deepen slightly, and set your intentions. How do you want to feel? What do you want to welcome into your life? Breathe that energy into your mind, soul, and body. “Energy flows where my intention goes- what you think is powerful."
- Bring your chin to chest, gentle neck rolls side to side.
- Bring all fours to the mat, and do a few cat/cow rotations. Go at your own pace and follow the breath.
- Step both legs back into high plank position and feel the stretch throughout your body.
- Stand at the front of the mat, bring your hands to the heart, and ground your feet into the earth.
- Inhale: arms up, exhale: arms out, go into a forward fold, inhale: come up halfway, exhale: forward fold.
- Rise completely, arms up, do a gentle backbend here if it feels ok to you.
- Exhale: hands to the heart, forward fold.
- Repeat the last 4 steps of the flow a few times.
- Come to be seated on the mat, legs straight in front of you keeping your feet flexed and legs activated, sitting tall through the crown. Take a few breaths here opening through the heart.
- Inhale: arms up, exhale: forward fold, grab feet, shins, or floor, whatever is comfortable and stretch there.
- End your practice with a meditation in savasana (lying flat on the floor extending the limbs) for as long as you need.
JENELLE’S DAILY HOLISTIC SELF CARE RITUALS
On Friday, Jenelle took over the Instagram story and gave us an inside peek at her daily routine and included some of her favorite things. She’s a wealth of knowledge when it comes to supplements and self care. Her story takeover was packed full of such valuable info and we didn’t want you to miss it.
MOVE YOUR BODY
Jenelle is always on the go (imagine the most energy any human could have) and loves to use movement to maintain mental and physical health. She recommended the Nike Club App, which you can learn more about and download HERE.
She recorded a mini workout sesh featuring her makeshift kettlebell. Spoiler alert: it was her dog and our Director of Barketing, Zoe.
NOURISH YOUR BODY
One of the best things about working from home is access throughout your day to a kitchen. We got to take a mini tour through Jenelle’s kitchen and see the supplements that she uses to assist boosting immunity, finding mental clarity, and balancing gut health. She started with an immunity blend juice recipe containing:
- Fresh Ginger
- Fresh Turmeric
- Lemon Juice
- Frozen Acai and Guarana superfood puree
This combo is a favorite at the office and is packed full of antioxidant, anti-inflammatory goodness. It can aid in digestive health, relieves nausea, detoxifies and alkalizes the body, and boosts your immunity to boot!
SUPPLEMENT YOUR BODY
Did you know your gut health directly correlates to many of your mental and bodily functions? They say the gut is another brain of the body, and research shows it’s true. Taking care of your gut will help your body find it’s balance, and operate at it’s premium functionality. If you haven’t yet, introduce a probiotic to your daily supplement routine. The difference it makes is noticeable, and after your body adjusts to taking them for quite a while, it’s hard to go without them ever again. Check out the following links for more information on gut health:
Magic Mushrooms, anyone? We don’t mean those kinds... If you haven’t yet heard the thousands (maybe more) of benefits that introducing mushrooms into your body can bring, you haven’t yet lived. Jenelle learned about Paul Stamets a while ago and was intrigued by their powerful medicine instantly. Go ahead and look up Paul Stamets on Youtube, you can thank us later! His 7 mushroom blend provides the following:
- Overall Immunity support
- Promotes respiratory, digestive, circulatory, cellular, lymphatic and systemic functions for foundational immunity
- Enhances natural Blood sugar modulation
- Supports the body in adapting to physical, mental, and environmental stress factors
HERE’S a link to the best immunity blend mushroom supplement out there.
We hope you all are joining us in taking this time to prioritize your mental, spiritual, and physical health. We consider this to be an opportunity for us, and our precious mother earth to breathe. Take this time to enjoy your family, snuggle your animals, straighten out some of your personal life items of business that may have been neglected, and rest. We hope to be here for you as a beam of light during a dark time, and are always happy to hear from you! Keep tagging us in your photos and connecting with us on the 'gram, it’s our favorite! Stay well, LA Fam!