Lash Affair Academy Scholarship | Terms and Conditions
1. The scholarship award will be a non-cash credit toward the Scholarship Recipient’s 2-day Classic Training Course
2. No check or other cash monies will be disbursed at any time. Lodging or any other expenses that the applicant may incur because of attending the Lash Affair Academy Training will not be included. No exceptions.
3. Selection of the Scholarship Recipient(s) shall be in the sole discretion of Lash Affair by J. Paris, "Lash Affair" based on the application and supporting materials submitted during the scholarship application period. Lash Affair is not responsible for lost or incomplete applications. Lash Affair will notify each Scholarship Recipient via the e-mail address and phone number included on the recipient’s scholarship application within six (6) to eight (8) weeks of the close of the scholarship promotional period. Lash Affair reserves the right to select alternate recipients if the originally selected recipients do not respond to Lash Affair attempts to contact them before the published date for announcement of the Scholarship Recipient, or if the originally selected recipients do not agree in writing to the Scholarship Terms and Conditions or the Video, Photo, and Print Testimonial Release Form.
4. All application submissions shall become the property of Lash Affair regardless of whether the applicant is awarded the scholarship. Upon the award of the Scholarship and the Scholarship Recipient’s acceptance, Lash Affair shall have the right to use and republish the submitted application or any of its content; it may reference and acknowledge applicant’s/recipient’s name and authorship of the application; and may use recipient’s name, image and likeness, for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to, any promotional materials. As a condition of accepting the Scholarship Award, each recipient agrees to sign the Lash Affair Scholarship Terms and Conditions and the Lash Affair Video, Photo, and Print Testimonial Release Form, allow Lash Affair to publish images, videos, or informational/testimonial data about her or him, allow Lash Affair to interact with her or him on social media websites, allow Lash Affair to publish ongoing updates on her or his growth and success as a Scholarship Recipient.
5. Scholarships are open to residents of the United States. Residents in other international countries and territories are ineligible to apply. Scholarship Recipient must meet all Lash Affair admissions requirements for Lash Affair Academy. Prerequisites may be found here: https://lashaffair.com/pages/eyelash-extension-scholarships. It is solely the responsibility of the Scholarship Recipient to ensure that she or he is following all national or local jurisdictions’ laws relating to the selling or application of eyelash extensions. It is the Scholarship Recipient’s responsibility to research and locate her or his state statutes and regulations, if any, regarding the practice of eyelash extensions application, including but not limited to, the professional license or certificate that she or he must have and the requirements for facilities in which she or he can apply eyelash extensions. Lash Affair provides training programs and issues certificates to licensed and credentialed beauty and health professionals to enable them to effectively use Lash Affairs' products. A Lash Affair certificate indicates that an individual has met the Lash Affair standards for using and applying Lash Affair products. Lash Affair does not train its clients to receive a state license or certificate, nor to receive continuing education for extending their government or state license. Lash Affair expects the Scholarship Recipient to refer to her or his state’s regulatory boards for permission to charge for eyelash extensions services. Lash Affair cannot be held liable for any claims that may arise from the use of its techniques, products, or services in any State, Country, or Territory.
6. Scholarship Recipient must be registered for her or his Training Program(s) no later than ninety (90) days following the Scholarship award date, unless otherwise approved in writing by the Lash Affair in its sole discretion. If Scholarship Recipient cancels or fails to complete a Training Program for which the Scholarship award has been used, no refund shall be due to the recipient. No exceptions. Scholarship recipients are subject to the same published rescheduling and cancellation fees as the Lash Affair's paying clients.
7. Lash Affair reserves the right to modify or terminate the scholarship program at any time for any reason in its sole discretion, with or without notice.
8. Scholarship Recipient is solely responsible for any state or federal tax liability in association with acceptance of the scholarship.
9. These terms and conditions are in addition to any other terms and conditions set forth in the General Terms and Conditions Agreement that is required to be signed before Training Program attendance. Scholarship Recipient agrees to become a client with Lash Affair and to become subject to all terms and conditions set forth in the General Terms and Conditions Agreement, found here: https://lashaffair.com/pages/terms-conditions.
10. If any provision of the terms and conditions of this scholarship shall be held void, voidable, or unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect. Void where prohibited by law.
11. APPLICANT/RECIPIENT HEREBY AGREES TO RELEASE LASH AFFAIR BY J PARIS. AND ITS AFFILIATES, AS WELL AS EACH OF ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AFFILIATES (“THE RELEASED PARTIES”) , FROM DAMAGES, LOSSES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF EARNINGS, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF WAGES), COSTS, EXPENSES AND LIABILITIES OF EVERY KIND AND NATURE, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INCLUDING CLAIMS OF DAMAGES OR INJURY TO PERSONAL PROPERTY AND FURTHER AGREE TO RELEASE THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM ANY THIRD PARTY CLAIMS OF ANY KIND , OR ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE SCHOLARSHIP SELECTION OR ADMINISTRATION PROCESS. '
Interested in applying to win a scholarship to become certified in lash extensions? Click here to learn more or apply today!