You've been providing eyelash extension services for awhile and you've enjoyed a steady growth of clients. As a savvy business owner, you're always on the lookout for ways to expand your services and increase revenue and lately, you've been hearing a lot about lash lifts.
Providing service options can certainly bring in new clients and help retain current ones, but it can also make the decision-making process a little tough for clients. They may be asking themselves, "Which is better—a lash lift or eyelash extensions?"
Let's outline the differences between lash lift kits and eyelash extensions so you're prepped and ready to provide the best information to your clients.
WHAT IS A LASH LIFT?
Think perms, push-up bras, and poofs! Lash lift kits are designed to punch up your natural lashes and eliminate the need for an eyelash curler.
WHAT ARE THE LASH LIFT STEPS?
- Cleanse those lashes, girl!
- Apply pre-treatment
- Apply gel pads to the under-eye (we have our fav here)
- Measure your clients eye for appropriate shield size
- Use our lash lift glue in small sections and brush the lashes up onto the shield to give shape and curl
- Use our Single AF tool to make sure lashes are separated on the shield as much as possible
- Apply lift cream. Leave on the lashes for between 10-15 minutes (like a lash perm!)
- Remove the lift cream with a flock foot applicator
- Apply the neutralize cream and allow to process for 8-10 minutes
- Remove the neutralize cream with a flock foot applicator
- Apply Lash + Brow Lift Hydrating Serum to give those lashes any moisture that may have been lost
- Apply Lash + Brow Lift Fixer to set the style!
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF LASH LIFTS?
Lash lifts are natural, low maintenance, and require virtually no upkeep. Plus, mascara lovers can still wear mascara (check our eyelash extension safe mascara)! The shape of the curl is easily customizable based on the client’s natural lashes and preference.
Finally, the results of a lash lift are immediate, causing instant client smiles! The entire appointment takes 30-45 minutes and lash lifts last 4-6 weeks meaning you can fit more clients into your schedule.
LASH LIFTS ARE PERFECT FOR:
- The client who has straight lashes and uses an eyelash curler every day
- The boho chick who wants a natural look with minimal upkeep
- The tired mom who doesn’t have time for a lot of primping (or lash appointments)
- Allergy prone clients
WHY YOU SHOULD OFFER EYELASH LIFT SERVICES
Adding a lash lift kit to your service menu is a great way to increase your clientele and earning potential. The more services you offer, the more diversity of clients you'll see come through your door. Lash Lifts cater to a larger target market than lash extensions. Eyelash tints are a popular add-on service with clients who get lash lifts, which will supplement your profits.
Check out our Lash Affair Lash Lift kits, which include everything you'll need for a lash lift.
WHAT ARE EYELASH EXTENSIONS?
Eyelash extensions are synthetic lashes attached via adhesive to a client’s natural lashes. They really make the eyes pop and eliminate the need for mascara, an eyelash curler—pretty much any makeup at all!
WHAT ARE THE STEPS TO GETTING EYELASH EXTENSIONS?
As the lash artist, you’ll consult with your client and provide recommendations on lash curl, thickness, and length. Next, you’ll carefully apply adhesive to the extension and individually place the extensions on each lash (about 80-140 per eye). From start to finish, this service can take up to two hours so definitely encourage your client to nap—or gossip!
Check out our Classic + Volume Lash Extension course.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF LASH EXTENSIONS?
Eyelash extensions add length, create volume, enhance the shape of the eye, and create a polished look. They are customizable so the client gets to choose the look she’s going for, whether it be subtle or sultry. There’s no need to use an eyelash curler or wear mascara, which cuts down on primping time in the morning.
EYELASH EXTENSIONS ARE PERFECT FOR:
- The client who wants the ‘WOW’ factor
- The bride-to-be
- The woman who enjoys taking time for herself every 2-3 weeks
WHY YOU SHOULD OFFER EYELASH EXTENSIONS
Eyelash extensions are a luxury service, so it allows to charge a higher price for the service. Additionally, extensions last about four to six weeks, so you’ll be seeing these clients more frequently which is good for your income and business!
Check out our line of luxury and couture lashes.